I am currently an Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer Science at Hong Kong Baptist University. I earned a Ph.D. in computer science from Nanyang Technological University, followed by a postdoctoral stint at National University of Singapore, working with Prof. Xiaokui XIAO. I am a recipient of the 2021 VLBD Best Research Paper Award and the 2022 SIGMOD Research Highlight Award. Broadly speaking, my research aims to develop efficient algorithms and systems for large-scale data management and analysis.
- Databases and data management: graph query processing, similarity search
- The Web and information retrieval: search and ranking, recommendation, web mining
- Data mining and machine learning: social network analysis, graph representation learning
- Honorable mention as one of the best PC members in WWW 2022
- Best Paper Award Nominee in WWW 2022
- 2022 ACM SIGMOD Research Highlight Award
- Best Research Paper Award in VLDB 2021
- Program committee member for the following conferences/workshops: KDD 2023, WWW 2023, WSDM 2023, WWW 2022, KDD 2022, ECML-PKDD 2022.
- Invited reviewer for the following journals: TKDE, VLDBJ.
- Subreviewer or External reviewer for VLDB 2023, CIKM 2022, TheWebConf 2021, ICDM 2021, ICDE 2020, VLDB 2020, KDD 2019, IJCAI 2019, CIKM 2019.
- Efficient Network Embedding for Large-Scale Graph Analysis. The Hong Kong university of Science and Technology, September 26, 2022.
- Efficient Network Embeddings for Big Graph Analytics. Hong Kong Baptist University, August 10, 2022.
- Efficient Relevance Search over Large Graphs. The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (Guangzhou), May 04, 2022.
- Scaling Attributed Network Embedding to Massive Graphs. Renmin University of China, August 30, 2021.
- HKBU COMP7640: Database Systems & Administration, Spring 2023
- HKBU COMP7930: Big Data Analytics, Spring 2023